Patron: HRH The Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO
The first major development was in 1927 when Royal Army Service Corps (RASC) clubs and funds were amalgamated to form The Royal Army Service Corps Association. At that time there were branches world-wide, from European Countries in the West, through Egypt in the Middle East to China in the Far East.
Following the Second World War many new Branches were formed throughout The United Kingdom by men who wished to retain those bonds of comradeship forged in difficult times. in 1939 there were 10,000 members of the Corps but 1945 there were 135,000 and 1 soldier in 10 was wearing an RASC cap badge, as such the association has been there to embrace and to aid a vast number of ex-personnel.
In 1965 the Corps was re-named The Royal Corps of Transport and the association assumed its present title. Membership then included some ex-members of The Royal Engineers whose trades had been transferred to the new Corps. The Association is for all former members of the Corps and for those who have had close links, members often participate in the meetings and activities of branches closest to them. Branches interact with each other on a regional and national basis through direct contact and through the association HQ
Charity Number: 1024036